Basic Rug Care
Area Rug Cleaning & Rug Care Procedures
Area rugs are a beautiful addition to any room in your home. Large rugs, small rugs, runners, bound carpet, whether wool, cotton or synthetic should all be well maintained to ensue clean and healthy floor space. Area rugs should be professionally cleaned every 4 months up to one year by a professional & certified carpet cleaner depending on the amount of usage and traffic in the home. Rotating area rugs and changing their positions will help keep wear patterns and traffic patterns down. Rugs that are in high traffic patterns will receive a lot of use, so frequent vacuuming and routine carpet and rug cleaning maintenance is important to ensure dirt and soil particles do not build up into the backing of the woven rug. Oriental area rugs, Persian area rugs, Cotton & Silk area rugs, Naturally made or man-made material rugs should be cleaned and sanitized if there are pets in the home. Dog and cat dander can create flare ups for allergy sufferers and pet urine can create an unhealthy living environment if the bacteria and odor is not treated properly.
For professional area rug cleaning service, call the area rug cleaning experts at Air Fresh Chem-Dry. We have more than 30 years in the business and can ensure a deep carpet cleaning that is also green on your area rugs. Our eco-friendly cleaning solution called The Natural, is Green Certified and non-toxic. Once your area rugs are cleaned, they are safe for kids, babies and pets to use and play on. Drying typically takes about 1-2 hours for in home cleanings. Off site cleanings can be performed for rugs that need intensive care, fringe cleaning, pet odor control, dust mite anti allergen, bacteria removal, specialty stain removal, or other specialty needs. Trust Air Fresh Chem-Dry with all of your Area Rug Cleaning and needs.
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time and aggravation by calling first to see if the cleaner does rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with Air Fresh Chem-Dry‘s technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call Air Fresh Chem-Dry at (866) 384-7474 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Over 180,000 satisfied customers
- Online booking
- 5 Star trained technicians
- 30 Day Guarantee
- 2 hour appointment window
- Virtually residue free
- Carpets dry in 2-4 hours
- Locally owned and operated
**Specialty cleaning pricing only available with coupon codes SaveNow or CTSNow
I love the dry carpet cleaning process Chem-Dry uses. I also use Chem-Dry to clean my area rugs which are hand made from India. They are always timely, professional and the men are hard working. I have used other carpet cleaners in the past and Air Fresh Chem-Dry always sends out wonderful people and their customer service girls are always very courteous. I highly recommend you guys to all my friends and family.
Beth, Anaheim Hills California
Just had my tile and grout cleaned by Joey and Anthony. My tile looks brand new and you saved me from having to redo my flooring. I am in utter shock. Thank you for sending out such a hard working crew and renewing my tile floors. I will be calling your company again.
Natalie, Corona California
Jon did a wonderful job today on my carpets. He was very professional and worked hard at removing stains and heavy traffic. My white carpets look fantastic.
Jerimiah, Riverside California
I love that your company is green and organic. My child is allergic to many different things so I am very leery about putting toxic soaps in my carpet and furniture. The cleaning was done professionally and Rjay and Cory were very detailed. I will be requesting them the next time I call. I just wanted to let your management know what a great job your men did and how much I enjoyed Air Fresh Chem-Dry.
Aimee, Cypress CA