Spot Removal Steps
How To Remove Spots & Stains From Carpets & Rugs
1. Act Quickly! Most carpet available today has been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the probability of spills becoming a permanent carpet stains. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof so react quick and with the right product. (We recommend Chem-Dry’s Professional Strength Spot Remover which you can purchase from your Air Fresh Chem-Dry professional carpet cleaner. If you do not have that on hand, try club soda.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling (no printing).
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing may cause pile distortion in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs, another cleaning solution should be selected. Some carpet cleaners can leave behind residues so be sure to use one that is approved by the carpet and rug institute.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. If the stain persists after these steps have been followed, call Air Fresh Chem-Dry for professional carpet stain removal. Regular carpet cleaning with added carpet protectant can significantly decrease the chances of a stain becoming permanent.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call us today at (866) 384-7474 to order with your next carpet cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Air Fresh Chem-Dry at (866) 384-7474 to see if we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
Definatly WORLD CLASS. This company came out and serviced my home, the guys were professional, the work was magnificant, and best of all my carpets look brand new, I paid more than the cleaning because I bought their healthy home package which was for protectant and sanitizing, but thank goodness I did, after the cleaning was done, my new puppy tracked in so much dirt from the rain, and I used their spot cleaner they gave me, it removed all the spots and dirt in an instant!! This company gets 5 stars and its almost impossible to get that great of service these days! Air Fresh is GREAT!!
- Over 180,000 satisfied customers
- Online booking
- 5 Star trained technicians
- 30 Day Guarantee
- 2 hour appointment window
- Virtually residue free
- Carpets dry in 2-4 hours
- Locally owned and operated
**Specialty cleaning pricing only available with coupon codes SaveNow or CTSNow
I love the dry carpet cleaning process Chem-Dry uses. I also use Chem-Dry to clean my area rugs which are hand made from India. They are always timely, professional and the men are hard working. I have used other carpet cleaners in the past and Air Fresh Chem-Dry always sends out wonderful people and their customer service girls are always very courteous. I highly recommend you guys to all my friends and family.
Beth, Anaheim Hills California
Just had my tile and grout cleaned by Joey and Anthony. My tile looks brand new and you saved me from having to redo my flooring. I am in utter shock. Thank you for sending out such a hard working crew and renewing my tile floors. I will be calling your company again.
Natalie, Corona California
Jon did a wonderful job today on my carpets. He was very professional and worked hard at removing stains and heavy traffic. My white carpets look fantastic.
Jerimiah, Riverside California
I love that your company is green and organic. My child is allergic to many different things so I am very leery about putting toxic soaps in my carpet and furniture. The cleaning was done professionally and Rjay and Cory were very detailed. I will be requesting them the next time I call. I just wanted to let your management know what a great job your men did and how much I enjoyed Air Fresh Chem-Dry.
Aimee, Cypress CA